Tuesday, December 31, 2013

There's a Frog in My House!

Boring can be a good thing...sometimes I welcome boring...last night the boy woke up at 1:30 am to go out..nothing unusual about that...went to take him out...opened the front door...something moved, jumped, leaped, whatever it was, it moved...looked to see what it was, even opened the screen door for whatever it was to go back out...didn't think much about it til the boy was done doing his business and we came back into the house...to see a frog in the kitchen...sigh...ok..put the boy down grab first thing I see, the dog dish and attempt to cover the frog...of course he was having none of that!! And he hopped off towards the fridge...I explained to him that he had a choice..let me take him outside now or let me pick up froggy bits in the morning...in between all this I saw I had left the front door open so without thinking I quickly went and shut and locked the door...back to the frog who was now by the fridge...I look to the right and see I have an audience of Delilah, dancing around and barking, which of course causes the boy to bark, and kitties watching all of this with quite a bit of interest, a few licking their lips in anticipation of a snack later, ....I don't THINK so! Ok so where is the frog...saw movement again...still headed for the fridge...after thought...turn the light on....sheesh...somehow he went into the grate, then up underneath the door, and ended up IN the fridge...great...frogs legs for dinner tomorrow! No no..clear your head, Lincoln, just get the frog and put him outside...furball covered frogs are just not that appealing first thing in the morning...so I managed to clap the bowl over the frog...ok now what...catalog...grab a catalog! Slide it careful, careful....GOT IT!! Ok, now I have to somehow juggle with crutches, walk over to the door with a frog in a bowl, with a flimsy catalog holding him in there...DRAT!! I shut and locked the door!! What was I thinking?? Ok fine....JIM...JIM JIIIIMMMMMM!! GET UP!! Huh, what??? Just get up and open the door! Oh...what did you catch now?? (He knows me so well) what? oh......a frog...who cares just open the door for Pete's sakes....door open frog let loose on the porch...turned around to a few disappointed kitties, but I don't care. All I know is I don't have to clean up bits and pieces of frog in the morning...Here...have some tuna..Boring...I like boring... could I have a dose of boring today please?

1 comment: