Thursday, December 19, 2013

A trip to the beach, and more of course!

I love the beach...sometimes I just gotta go and get my water fix...Sue called one day and said...we need water...yes we do, and her son, Rich wanted to introduce his soon to be fiancee' Vickie to us...so we planned to go that weekend...and off we went...beautiful day, got our water fix, and now...time for lunch at our fave Irish pub...Fione MCool's. Love their scottish eggs and their desserts...we went in, ordered our lunch, ate quite a bit, (hush Sue), and were just enjoying our time together although I was not happy that Rich insisted I couldn't have dessert cos I didn't eat enough lunch, kept shooing the waitress away when I tried to order...all in good fun of course.......anyhow.....I had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom...now at McCool's the bathrooms are on the second floor, and given that I use crutches to walk, I had to flag down a waitress to use the elevator, which I think was built in 1862... It has a gate in front that you slide over then open a door then you go in...now this is not your typical elevator...it's looks like half a box and shimmy's and shakes all over the place, but somebody painted pictures on the wall all the way up, so I was looking at them, and of course thinking of a way to finagle a dessert out of Rich....the waitress below is controlling my fate with a key..she kept yelling up...ARE YOU THERE YET?? No I hollered back...almost tho! KLUNK! Hmmm...well...now that doesn't sound good...she peeks up through the door, and looking down through the crack I can see she was a bit frantic, which of course does not instill too much faith in what's going on..she says..ARE YOU OKAY?? Uhh...yeah, but I'm not at the door...just my head, She yells again...DON'T GO ANYWHERE, I'LL BE RIGHT THERE! I shake my head...did she just tell me not to go anywhere??? Alrighty then.I'll stay put if she insists...I hear foot steps running up the stairs, and the door and gate are frantically being tugged on...see...unless the elevator reaches the door, the door won't open. I guess heads don't count as I stood there shaking mine...I finally holler out after the rattling stops,..IS THERE AN EMERGENCY KEY OR SOMETHING TO GET THE DOOR OPEN...silence...HELLO??...silence...and then I hear from below as I look down...YOU OKAY?? Yeah, I'm fine...but boy do I have to go to the bathroom, so I start doing the "I gotta pee" dance while waiting for something...anything to happen! I hear voices outside the door my head is out and finally the gate and door are opened...then one of them says...WAIT RIGHT THERE... again i shake my head...where am I gonna go?? So again, I'm left alone, but at least the door is opened and some fresh air was let in...as I'm standing there I hear...SQUEEK... I look up...there's Jim coming out of the men's room which of course is right across from the elevator...He looks at my head and says...whatcha doin?? He's a man of few words...Just hangin around I replied...fortunately before he said anything else the owner and 2 waiters came up...I lifted my hands and they pulled me straight up..RESCUED! I'M FREE I'M FREE!! They apologized profusely over and over again, and I told them no problem, but excuse me for a sec, went to relieve myself and came out...the owner spoke up...is there anything I can get you??? YUP! Can I have a dessert to go please?? He said of course! On the house! Imagine what I would do for a Klondike bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment